Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday

While a lot of people I know find cooking to be a necessary evil, I am actually odd enough to find it relaxing. With that being said, Sundays are my day to crank out much of the prep of meals for the week. When the realities of work, after school activities, homework, paying attention to the dogs (there are 3 of them), and trying to add in a bit of exercise come into play, this prep work pays big dividends. Having a set menu has saved me loads of money, equally important is the execution of the menu. More than once, I have been guilty of the statement "Let's just pick something up." which brings guilt on many levels. Wasted food in fridge, wasted calories, wasted extra money for the dinner, a bad cycle. If on Sunday, I can relax and prep for the days I know will be crazy, then I'm just that much ahead of the curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment