Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Trout with Cilantro Mint Salsa



This made for a great dinner tonight. We love trout, however, the salsa is what makes this dish.
It is easy to make and can be made earlier in the day, which I like for convenience. The trout is grilled skin side down the entire time. It keeps it from drying out and from being too difficult to get off of the grill.



The salsa consists of a bunch of cilantro, a handful of mint, a Fresno or Thai chili, ginger, lime and a teaspoon of honey.


 
I do not use the seeds or veins of the chili, too hot for my taste.

 
Peel and grate about a 1/2 inch of ginger.

 
Juice of a lime.

 
Teaspoon of honey.
 


Salt and pepper to taste.
 

 
Good drizzle of olive oil.
 
There is the salsa. Leftovers are great on chicken, bread, eggs, etc.


 
I made a simple spring mix salad with olives, almonds and goat cheese. Dressed it with lemon juice and olive oil right before we ate.
 

 
A trick my sister taught me years ago when you have made your salad early in the day; cover it with a damp paper towel and it will stay fresh until dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment