Saturday, January 12, 2013

January Goals

 
In January, we always work to get those pounds that we gained from the holidays off and generally get back on track with healthier eating. I have officially purged my fridge of all leftover holiday cheeses, creams, etc. My goal is no red meat until we have our valentine's dinner. Being a lover of food and cooking, doesn't always translate into the healthiest dishes. I am going to give it a hard go, knowing that Valentine's day isn't too far off.

I have a celery cucumber and bean salad that that will become a staple for me. It makes a great lunch or snack.

Here is the recipe.

 


Cucumber, Celery and White Bean Salad

1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 ribs of celery, thinly chopped
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
2 TBL capers
1 yellow bell pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl. I divide the salad into individual serving containers. Dress each container before eating. I will leave these in my refrigerator for 3 - 4 days.

Easy Lemon Dressing

Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbls. white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsps. honey
1/2 tsps. salt
1/4 tsps. pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment